March 18, 2011

I had a dream....

I know it has been months since I blogged. But who has time? Well actually I do but that isn't the point. I just haven't.
But today I have to. Sometimes things happen that I have to get down before I forget them, especially my weird dreams.
I woke up this morning at 5am, hit snooze. Woke up again at 5.10am, hit snooze, then at 5.20am, got out of bed, got the worker up for work and went to lay back down at 5.45am. I was still awake at 6.15am, trying to get back to sleep. Next thing I knew, I was having a conversation with Sam who was washing puppies...
This isn't really that out of the ordinary. Except in my dream, puppies get washed in the dishwasher. Dr Harry was there (he had a sore leg, propped up on a chair) and he was fine with it. Leave them longer, he said, they're not ready yet.

I took a puppy out when they were done and hugged it until it dried. When it was dry...well, this bit is weird but seemed  perfectly normal...it was a human baby. With curly blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and just like all the other puppies. So I go to talking with Sam and Dr Harry about the characteristics these babies would display as they got older. Would the dog side be dominant or the human side? We'd got them from the RSPCA so we didn't know much about where they came from. One of them had a tag from the RSPCA. All of a sudden, Dr Harry was gone and instead in his place was Elton John. He was holding the puppy with the tag and asked Sam if she could get more tags from the RSPCA. I laughed and replied they might not give them to Sam, but they'd give them to you!
We all had a chuckle about the benefits of being famous while I held one of the puppy-babies. As we all laughed, there was a movie-style panning of the camera to see the other puppy-babies playing on the floor...and as we laughed and they played the dream faded out and the alarm was blaring again for me to wake up to get the kids to school.

It was going to be an awesome dream, curse that stupid alarm clock!! I think this dream even beats my Bill Cosby-underwater restaurant for sharks-best friend is a furry wallet called bear-dream!

Back in reality though, I am studying hard, trying to keep up with my assessments. Photography is on the backburner since my brother's wedding, as I am concentrating on getting through this semester. It is going to be full on with four subjects, the kids, school, and now my parents moving away (I lose furniture for a little while).
 On the upside, my birthday is next week and I am taking myself shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers