June 29, 2010

Momentary madness!

It has been a month since my last blog. Not that I haven't had anything to say, I just didn't say it.

But what a month it has been! Spending my time with the most fabulous person in the world, and the best kids in the world!


On top of that, I got into uni. I am now a student (again) studying the Bachelor of Teaching (Primary). The best part of this is the credits I get for previous studies - 120 points worth, which means I only complete 8 subjects (there is a 9th subject but it has something to do with meeting NSW teaching standards). By this time next year, all going well, I should have a teaching degree!

I haven't been doing much photography though, and I do miss it a little bit. But I have a huge week coming up where I will most likely not put the camera down.
My family and I are off on a trip to Lightning Ridge to fossick for opals and visit old friends (we lived there for two and a half years). It is very exiciting, as it is the first real holiday I have been on since taking my daughters to Melbourne a few years ago. We've had weekend trips since then, but nowhere so far away. It is approximately 11 hours drive so there will be an overnight stay somewhere along the way.

I will have the most wonderful photo opportunities while I am there. Glorious sunsets, beautiful gemstones and the delightful old miners' shacks dotted throughout the town. I will see my old houses, the bore baths, the new additions to the local pool, Amigo's Castle, the bottle houses (houses made out of cement and glass bottles!) and all the open mines and other tourist-y things.

It'll be wonderful! But for now, here are some of my recent shots on a visit with family in Shepparton!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting into teaching :)
    And who's the most fabulous person in the world, eh ;)
    Goss?

    ReplyDelete

Followers